1. “Love isn’t always easy, and something you have to stand together against friends, family, and even your own insecurities to make it work.” -Melody Grace
• Melody Grace, author of the top selling self-published book, Unbroken, has once expressed her deep emotions about her best selling romance-genre books. Her book Unbroken is included among the top paid self-published books at Apple as of September 2013.
2. “Passion is a rare commodity. When you find it, treasure it and never give it up!” -David Baldacci
• When asked what positive or motivational quote he can share to help improve the lives of our readers; that was how David Baldacci, top-selling self-published author, answered. David Baldacci has sold over 60 million books in over 80 countries AND was on People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful list.
3. “I wrote because I wanted to, not because I wanted to get published. I wrote DEMON KISSED for me. I wrote a little bit every night to unwind.” -H.M. Ward
• H.M. Ward’s self-published book, Damaged, is featured among the top 5 best-selling books by Forbes.
4. “A world where true loves kiss does exist.” -Rachel Van Dyken
• Rachel is featured as New York Time’s top selling author for her romantic self-published novels. One of these novels is The Bet which is featured as among the top 5 best-selling self-published books.
5. “Write every day. Writing is a muscle that gets stronger with use.” -Abbi Glines
• Abbi Glines is one of the New York Times best-selling authors. Her self-published book, Twisted Perfection, is currently featured at Forbes as among the top 5 best-selling books.
6. “Behind every beautiful thing is a world of pain.” -Ilsa Madden-Mills
• Her new self-published adult novel, Very Bad Things, has topped on best-sellers list at mediabistro.com as of the 3rd week of September 2013.
7. “Never give up. I had so many editors (e and print) that I just couldn’t write. So, remember it is all their opinion and nothing else.” -Melissa Schroder
• This author has straightforwardly answered the question on what advice she can give to aspiring writers. Melissa Schroder has been named Author of the Year and Most Accessible Author in the 2013 Bookies. Her self-published book, The Santinis Collection, is listed as among the top seller books at Amazon as of the 3rd week of September 2013.
8. “To have a good friend, you must BE a good friend. It’s as simple as that. Encourage your daughters to nurture their friendships and you will be taking one small step towards connecting girls and inspiring futures.” -Patricia Sands talks about Girlfriendology
• Patricia Sands is a very gracious, inspiring and motivated speaker. On top of that, she has self-published her book, The Promise of Provence, which has been listed as among the high paid books at Amazon in September 2013.
9. “I think my style is different… and I think the way I tell a story is different, but ’50 Shades of Grey’ by E L James had a mighty influence inspiring me.” -Sara Fawkes
Author Sara Fawkes has admitted she’s got a lot to read more authors and get inspired with their stories. Her self-published book, Anything He Wants, has paid her back the prize of all her efforts as it has become one of the highly paid books at Barnes & Noble as of September this year.
10. “Yes, one of the benefits of being embarrassingly rich is that you find out if you have syphilis much earlier than the average peasant would.” -Abigail Barnette
• This is a popular quote from Abigail Barnette’s book, The Boss. The author enjoys long naps in fairy-filled glades, running through corridors in tragically romantic haunted castles. Her book, The Girlfriend has become no. 1 on the top-selling list of self-published books at Smarshwords.
11. “I like to weave the places I have been to in my books and make it come alive.” -Pamela Ann
• Pamela Ann is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author. And though she studied Fashion Marketing in United Kingdom and a degree in Business, she has found herself the satisfaction with the steamy and angst-filled romance novels. Her self-published book, Chasing Paradise, has put her on that success in writing as it is featured one of the top-selling novels at Smashwords.
12. “Life is busy and I find the best way to escape the day to day stresses is through the pages of a book. Reading is my passion, addiction, and all out obsession.” –Gail Mchugh
• Gail Mchugh considers herself a hopeless romantic who believes whole heartedly in the power of love and a happy ending. She is able to put her beliefs into action by writing successful novels, where Pulse, is self-published and put her on that fame being on the list of top-selling authors in the beginning of this year’s 3rd quarter.
13. “Manhood is linked with family priesthood, responsibility, sacrifice and respect for women. But Biblical manhood is equally about owning up to one’s hurts, needs, failures and fears.” -Richard Campbell
• Campbell is a personal growth and life enrichment seminar presenter, who engages a variety of audiences. His self-published book, The Strength of Male Tears, is on the list of best-selling books at Outskirts as of the 3rd quarter of this year.
14. “Men aren’t really complicated. They are very simple, literal creatures. They usually mean what they say. And we spend hours trying to analyze what they’ve said, when really it’s obvious.” -E.L. James
• As of the 3rd quarter of 2013, E.L. James’ top-selling book Fifty Shades of Grey has earned $95 million.
15. “Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you’re keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls…are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” –James Patterson.
• Digital Book World has recently announced its own list of top 25 best-selling e-books where James Patterson’s self-published book, Alex Cross, Run, has ranked on top.